Ringling returns to Rochester, 10/29/14.
Join ARAUNY’s Yellow Wall demo, our only scheduled protest.
- 10/29/14 (Wed) … Opening night
- 5:00pm (2 hours before 7:00pm show)
- Blue Cross Arena (BCA), One War Memorial Square, Rochester NY 14614…. corner Broad Street and Exchange Blvd
YELLOW WALL is a very specific demo:
- Stand Still – side by side, in line with others in YellowWall.
- Stay Silent – do not shout at or react to anyone shouting at us.
No whispering, discussing, music, wiggling, talking, moving.
Only Yellow signs provided by ARAUNY for this demo.
- Wear all Black (preferably, but comfort first)
- Wear no animal products (no leather, no down, no silk, no fur)
- Do not bring animals! Leave them home where they’re safe.
- Stand on public sidewalk only – and do not block anyone: keep it legal. Police are always present. ARAUNY is a law-abiding, peaceful group, never had any legal issues; let’s keep it that way.
Many places to park ~ garages, side streets. Use www.googlemaps.com or GPS, and give yourself time to walk over to BCA from your parking spot.
Dress for the weather. Rain or shine, it’s on (unless dangerous, ie: hurricane, high winds, lightning/thunder, blizzard).
Not sure where bathrooms are, so come prepared!
Our solid Yellow Wall is our statement … we hold our yellow signs, standing in silence, making us approachable. Rather than aggressively approaching circus-goers, we welcome those who approach Yellow Wall with questions or for dialogue. Always be polite.
For those who do not want to join Yellow Wall
If you’re carrying a sign that is not one of ARAUNY’s prepared Yellow signs, kindly stand separate from us, not in our line. Whatever you do, please keep it peaceful and non-violent. We all must keep in mind that others are watching us (ie: children, public figures). We are each perceived as representative of the entire AR movement, so let’s all keep it civil and peaceful.
Provide your own leaflets. Leafletting is necessary advocacy. Walk around on the public sidewalk, and be careful not to block anyone. A good resource for anti-circus info is Born Free USA.
Frankly once the circus is here, it’s too late. Sponsors already paid, and parents bought tickets for excited children in tow. The time to speak out is BEFORE the circus arrives ~ and it’s never too late: LTEs, letters to schools, sponsors, speaking to City Council, etc. ARAUNY has switched from *protesting* the circus to hosting peaceful Yellow Wall demos, to educate those who turn their heads to read our statements.
“But for the use of physical punishment by,and fear of their oppressors, animals would never be part of a circus.”