Animal Rights Advocates UNY will show our support for Easter Seals this Saturday, May 9th ~ because in all their good work, they do NOT test on animals, and have earned PCRM’s Humane Charity Seal of Approval. In brief, “Easter Seals provides exceptional services, education, outreach, and advocacy so that people living with autism and other disabilities can live, learn, work and play in our communities.
– May 9th, 2009
– 2 miles (dogs welcome “on leash”) on pavement: sidewalk, park roadway
– morning (8am to register, 9:30am the walk begins)
– Gazebo near Elmwood Ave. entrance, Genesee Valley Park
– local TV10 will be there
To join us in this walk-of-support, we ask that each walker:
- carry one of ARAUNY’s premade signs
- give $5.00 to Easter Seals through ARAUNY.
100% goes directly to Easter Seals
NOTE: We had to get special permission for very specificsigns we will be carrying, so, sorry,
please don’t bring your own if you’re walking with ARAUNY).
We are not permitted to leaflet.
IF you wish to participate, please let us know ASAP.
We need to register everyone by name, for ARAUNY.
Our team name is “Animal Rights Advocates of Upstate NY”
Of course it will be cold and rainy–it’s Rochester NY!
Come with us!
Read more about the Easter Seals walk here.