The Garden Bros. Circus is coming to town again, with more shows than ever, at the Bill Gray Regional Iceplex. Please join us as we stand up for the animals forced to endure the distress of being used for “entertainment”. Take a look at Garden Bros. horrendous record here. We’re aiming to protest all seven shows:
- Fri May 3: 3:30-4:30; 6:00-7:30
- Sat May 4: 12:30-1:30; 3:00-4:30; 6:00-7:30
- Sun May 5: 12:00-1:00; 2:30-4:00
No need to arrive early. The leader does not necessarily arrive more than five minutes before the start time.
The location will be the south entrance to Monroe Community College, on Brighton Henrietta Town Line Road. We will be on the public sidewalk – we do not have permission to protest or park on MCC property.
We’ve had no problems at recent protests, but here are some reminders:
- Please do not shout or react to anyone shouting at us. Our silence is powerful dissent.
- Please wear no animal products (leather, wool, down, silk, fur) – circus attendees do notice and comment.
- For their safety and comfort, please do not bring animals.
- Stand on public sidewalk only, and do not block anyone: keep it legal.
- We welcome those who approach us with questions or for dialogue. Always be polite. If someone wants to talk to you but you’re not comfortable with that, you can give them a leaflet and/or refer them to the leader.
Signs: ARRoc provides signs and we usually have plenty. If you wish to make your own sign, please be sure its message meets ARRoc’s Core Values.
Weather: Rain or shine. Dress for the weather. Umbrellas are fine. Consider bringing one more layer of clothing than you think you need, and consider gloves – your hands will be exposed for 60-90 minutes. Check this post in our web site in case of dangerous weather.
Bathrooms: No bathrooms – come prepared!
What else can you do?
The best time to speak out is before the circus arrives: letters to newspapers, letters to schools, sponsors, local government, and venues.