Let people know not everyone thinks this is a fun holiday tradition. Join us in demonstrating against exploiting horses for entertainment at the Public Market on Sunday, December 16th from 10 am to 1 pm. Meet at the Union Street entrance, but we may move to a different spot depending on circumstances.
We will have signs, but feel free to bring your own (please be sure they are in alignment with ARRoc’s core values).
We’ve had no problems at recent demonstrations, but as a reminder:
- Please do not shout or react to anyone shouting at us. Our silence is powerful dissent.
- Please wear no animal products (leather, wool, down, silk, fur) – passers-by do notice and comment.
- For their safety and comfort, please do not bring animals.
- Stand on public sidewalk only, and do not block anyone: keep it legal.
- We welcome those who approach us with questions or for dialogue. Always be polite. If someone wants to talk to you but you’re not comfortable with that, you can refer them to the leader.